Monday, November 12, 2007

My my, hey hey...

Good morning, it's Nov. 12 -- Neil Young made it to 62!

If you were reading our print edition today you noticed that 7-for-7, a regular 1A feature in the Monday Herald, was nowhere to be found. My bad. I'm normally responsible for the pithy content in that rail, and no excuses. I took the day off.

But thanks to our news desk for running Young's photo on 2A with the daily list of birthday celebrants. (They could have chosen Tonya Harding.)

Had the rail appeared, the Monday segment almost certainly would have been devoted to Young and his incredible catalog of music. Trying to think of just one meaningful phrase to share today isn't easy -- here are hundreds and hundreds of rich songs to mine. Guess I'll take the easy way out and go with one of his most recognizable rock anthems:

My my, hey hey
Rock and roll is here to stay
It's better to burn out
Than to fade away
My my, hey hey


Having a Neil Young song in your head is not a bad way to start the week.

Jim

No comments: