Monday, March 10, 2014

Holy Molé, good morning!


"I loved your commentary in today's Herald. I'm so glad you're getting Holy Molé back. I used to enjoy it so much, and have missed it. Our world needs more of that which brings joy, and also makes us "stop and think about life" as you so beautifully expressed in your article. Thank you."

That was one of a dozen or so e-mails I received on Sunday, thanking the Herald for the return of Holy Molé,  a cartoon strip by local artist Rick Hotton and a source of joy and retrospection for his loyal followers. As I wrote in my Sunday column, we thought the long-term hiatus of Garry Trudeau's 'Doonesbury' was the perfect opportunity to bring Holy Molé back.

So check him out. He's situated right above the crossword puzzle today on Page 5C, and will be there every day -- and he'll be in the color Sunday funny pages, too.


No comments: